High-quality stroke care
When a patient comes to the hospital with stroke symptoms, it’s crucial to make a proper diagnosis quickly in order to begin treatment — immediate treatment can help avoid or minimize the effects of stroke. Highlands Regional’s experienced stroke team has the expertise and technology to deliver life-saving care. At Highlands Regional, you can count on:
- Speed – Treatments given during the first three hours after a stroke can greatly reduce or even reverse the effects of stroke, so our stroke care professionals are ready to jump into action immediately.
- Expertise – Highlands Regional’s doctors, nurses, emergency professionals and other specialists meet high educational standards, and are specially trained to identify stroke symptoms and administer the latest treatments.
- Technology – Highlands Regional’s stroke care experts utilize the most advanced testing and imaging technology available, allowing them to identify the type of stroke within minutes so they are able to begin treatment.
Expert treatment for stroke
Our highly trained stroke care experts are well equipped to deliver life-saving care for ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, and can perform the latest, minimally invasive treatment options:
- Angioplasty and stent placement are used to open blocked arteries and veins.
- Embolizing agents (clotting medications) are delivered by catheter to stop blood flow resulting from hemorrhagic strokes.
- Thrombolitic therapy, which is also delivered by catheter, uses clot-dissolving medicine to treat ischemic strokes.
- Minimally invasive surgery can be used to remove a clot, or repair arteries and veins.
Stroke care extends through recovery
Our rehabilitation care is designed to help individuals regain their independence, and includes specialized services for stroke recovery. Highlands Regional’s multidisciplinary rehabilitation team provides caring, personalized assistance to help patients meet their goals.